Who doesn’t love some extra crunch and flavor? Bring it on. And if we can throw in some vibrant color, why not? This cabbage slaw is just what you need to top off your fish tacos, fill in your sandwich wraps, serve with your favorite grilled fish.
If you have a food processor, the cabbage prep is quick and easy. For the thinly sliced onions, you can use a mandoline or slice them by hand.
The dressing is mixed in a large bowl, then the rest of the ingredients are added. Give it a quick stir and that’s it.
This slaw is at its best when enjoyed the day it’s made. Just let it hang out for a short time so that the flavors have a chance to blend. And you have delicious crunchy slaw that will wow your friends and impress your family!
red cabbage slaw
From Bobby Flay
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 medium oranges)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 head red cabbage, finely shredded (about 20 ounces)
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced (about 4.5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, oil and honey in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, onion and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Let sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour before serving.